August 13, 2008

fuel me up

Reading about alternate fuels in my CNN morning email. I like what Robert McCormick, the principal engineer at the U.S. Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Lab in Colorado says. He "believes that 'just making more' is not enough. 'I think that the answer to reducing our petroleum-import problem and reducing the carbon emissions from transportation is really threefold. It involves replacement fuels like biofuels, it involves using much more efficient vehicles than we use today, and it involves driving less."
I could probably rant and go on about alternate fuels and vehicle emissions and saving the planet all day. I'll refrain. If you know me at all, you know where I stand on that topic. I'm waiting for the day when I need a new car and can buy a hybrid:D

No comments:

Followers