September 22, 2008

Julia is...

fed up with Facebook statuses.  Yet again.  

I seriously feel like I rant about the same thing over and over again.  I am considering quitting the Facebook yet again.  I am also considering smacking the next person who complains about Sarah Palin in the Goddamn face.  

OK, that's a bit backwards.  Let me just start by saying that, as I am a staunch Obama/Biden08 supporter, I obviously dislike Sarah Palin.  Her political views are just a bit too conservative and, well, crazy, for my taste.  This does not mean though that I want to discuss how she obviously is an antifeminist, a religous extremist, anti gay marriage and whatever else the media is calling her these days.  The woman has been in the public eye for about a month now and I'm already sick and tired of her effect on every single on of my liberal friends.  No one can seem to have a deeper conversation about her than the aforementioned antifeminist, etc topics.  I know I can't.  I have no desire to.  The people who agree with me are already voting for Obama, so no work needs to be done there.  Those who don't agree with me don't need to be convinced that Sarah Palin is the wrong choice, but that Barack Obama is the right one.  I don't want to tell them why their choice sucks, but why mine might really be better and more beneficial.  Just my opinion.

Here's the lamest part: people actually think that posting an angry Facebook status about Sarah Palin will, I don't know, do some good?  OK, probably not do any good, I don't think my fellow Facebookers are that dumb.  I just don't get it.  Of all the places to uselessly rant.  We all know what your political views are if you are politically inclined at all.  There's a spot for it in your profile.  Mine clearly states "Obama/Biden08."  Sometimes I'm embarrassed to call myself a liberal or a Democrat.  

Moral of this story: I hate politics.  

No comments:

Followers